What does it mean to be a UX Research Intern?
The UX Research Intern will assist research groups (recruitment related activities, data entry, notetaking, technical setup) to ensure that project work is delivered on time and meets our demands for high quality.
Must aspire to be proficient in the following in conjunction with your supervisor:
- Get 3 quotes for recruiting.
- Request PO from accounting.
- If quantitative, send fielding updates to Project Lead.
- If qualitative remote, participant support via Phone/Email, make sure they know how to use WebEx prior to remote study.
- Set-up WebEx and send calendar invites for “Save the Dates”.
- Study Design
- Enter study in UserZoom/OptimalSort/Decipher
- QA studies that you did not enter
- Provide daily updates of quant studies fielding 3 times a day (8:45AM, 11:45AM, 4:15PM)
- Tech Set-Up
- Make sure that lab equipment is working 5 days before fielding
- Make sure that WebEx has space to record
- Setup lab equipment/software
- Pilot test setup
- Upload videos to Dropbox after each session
- Special Projects
- Perform research to analyze competitor capabilities and strengths/weaknesses
- Assist with internal R&D efforts
- Help to organize research files on Dropbox and other file management systems
- Other internal initiatives to support the day-to-day operation of the research team
- Other as assigned
- Minimum Education: Associate Degree (2 Years)
- Minimum Experience: 0 years
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Experience: 2 years, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Multi-tasking - Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously.
- Troubleshooting - Be proactive and exhibit the ability to troubleshoot and to provide solutions.
- Professionalism - Must master team communication before next promotion.
- Time Management - Provides updates and learns how to manage deadlines.
- Strong mathematical and research methods knowledge.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Assemble and organize numerical data
- Research information
- Use computerized spreadsheets
- Use project management solutions (e.g. Asana)
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- English Language
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computer Network
- Personal Computer
- Required to sit.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Required to reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Occasionally required to lift heavy weights (50 pounds or greater).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Possible risk of radiation and vibration. (e.g. airport, hospitals (Human Factors testing), client sites, etc.)
- Protective clothing or equipment is required including: gloves, helmets, steel-toed boots, protective eyewear. (for Human Factors Medical Device Studies)
- The noise level in the work environment usually is under 85 dBA, however may be exposed to higher levels while traveling at an airport.
Are you stellar at this particular set of skills we're looking for?
Get our attention by sending a copy of your resume with a brief email or cover letter letting us know why you are the best candidate for the job and your salary requirements. Prove that you actually read this document by sending it all to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Good luck! We're excited to see what you got.
Connect with us.